BTHPS3 on Surface Book 965m Windows 11

I have a Surfacebook 965m wanting to connect with ds3 controllers. Up until now, I've been using scptoolkit to connect without any problem. I just really want to try out BthDS3.

So my issue, I removed all scp drivers, installed bthds3, dshidmini, ds4windows. I'm on Windows 11build 22000.194, Surface book performance base 965m, Marvell bluetooth card. I can connect and use the controller over usb perfectly but it does not connect itself over bluetooth when unplug.

My trace log is included here:
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1zlqM-uenJlI5n_zZ55ab71u8v6Lt5985/view?usp=sharing

Many Thanks,

Hi,

the driver never gets the name information for some reason. Can you check the Event Log if there's anything mentioned related to Bluetooth?

Cheers

Hi, I dont know if this help:

I can run scptoolkit 1.6.238 but not the latest one on github. Link to the installer:
SCPTOOLKIT 1.6.238

In application log I found this during installation:
Product: Nefarius BthPS3 Bluetooth Drivers -- Configuration failed.

- <Event xmlns="http://schemas.microsoft.com/win/2004/08/events/event">
- <System>
  <Provider Name="MsiInstaller" /> 
  <EventID Qualifiers="0">11729</EventID> 
  <Version>0</Version> 
  <Level>4</Level> 
  <Task>0</Task> 
  <Opcode>0</Opcode> 
  <Keywords>0x80000000000000</Keywords> 
  <TimeCreated SystemTime="2021-09-18T18:23:44.4326803Z" /> 
  <EventRecordID>77958</EventRecordID> 
  <Correlation /> 
  <Execution ProcessID="7788" ThreadID="0" /> 
  <Channel>Application</Channel> 
  <Computer>TaiSurfaceBook</Computer> 
  <Security UserID="S-1-5-21-1476012119-3794544097-456333054-1001" /> 
  </System>
- <EventData>
  <Data>Product: Nefarius BthPS3 Bluetooth Drivers -- Configuration failed.</Data> 
  <Data>(NULL)</Data> 
  <Data>(NULL)</Data> 
  <Data>(NULL)</Data> 
  <Data>(NULL)</Data> 
  <Data>(NULL)</Data> 
  <Data /> 
  <Binary>7B30373934414632392D353731462D343946392D394342342D4446443442313631353534327D2C2031363032</Binary> 
  </EventData>
  </Event>

and in the System log, I found this couple minutes after but I dont think its relevant:

The application-specific permission settings do not grant Local Activation permission for the COM Server application with CLSID 
{2593F8B9-4EAF-457C-B68A-50F6B8EA6B54}
 and APPID 
{15C20B67-12E7-4BB6-92BB-7AFF07997402}
 to the user TAISURFACEBOOK\thanh SID (S-1-5-21-1476012119-3794544097-456333054-1001) from address LocalHost (Using LRPC) running in the application container Unavailable SID (Unavailable). This security permission can be modified using the Component Services administrative tool.

- <Event xmlns="http://schemas.microsoft.com/win/2004/08/events/event">
- <System>
  <Provider Name="Microsoft-Windows-DistributedCOM" Guid="{1B562E86-B7AA-4131-BADC-B6F3A001407E}" EventSourceName="DCOM" /> 
  <EventID Qualifiers="0">10016</EventID> 
  <Version>0</Version> 
  <Level>3</Level> 
  <Task>0</Task> 
  <Opcode>0</Opcode> 
  <Keywords>0x8080000000000000</Keywords> 
  <TimeCreated SystemTime="2021-09-18T18:43:07.9239193Z" /> 
  <EventRecordID>43068</EventRecordID> 
  <Correlation ActivityID="{cb27af94-a282-4e99-b6a7-3060ec7b6ddf}" /> 
  <Execution ProcessID="632" ThreadID="4552" /> 
  <Channel>System</Channel> 
  <Computer>TaiSurfaceBook</Computer> 
  <Security UserID="S-1-5-21-1476012119-3794544097-456333054-1001" /> 
  </System>
- <EventData>
  <Data Name="param1">application-specific</Data> 
  <Data Name="param2">Local</Data> 
  <Data Name="param3">Activation</Data> 
  <Data Name="param4">{2593F8B9-4EAF-457C-B68A-50F6B8EA6B54}</Data> 
  <Data Name="param5">{15C20B67-12E7-4BB6-92BB-7AFF07997402}</Data> 
  <Data Name="param6">TAISURFACEBOOK</Data> 
  <Data Name="param7">thanh</Data> 
  <Data Name="param8">S-1-5-21-1476012119-3794544097-456333054-1001</Data> 
  <Data Name="param9">LocalHost (Using LRPC)</Data> 
  <Data Name="param10">Unavailable</Data> 
  <Data Name="param11">Unavailable</Data> 
  </EventData>
  </Event>

That unfortunately tells nothing. I can't really tell you what's going wrong here.