"BthPS3 filter driver access failed. Are the drivers installed?"

Hi, first off thank you for making this program! I was able to download DsHidMini and Ds4windows and get my ps3 controller working wired with windows. Unfortunately, I am having trouble getting bluetooth to work. I downloaded the BthPs3Setup file, ran it and went through the steps. After I finished with that I tried to run the BthPs3 Driver Configuration Tool but two error messages popped up that said "BthPS3 filter driver access failed. Are the drivers installed?"

Screenshot 2021-08-21 232840.png

I went into device manager and checked the properties of "Nefarius Bluetooth PS Enumerator" and found this message:

Screenshot 2021-08-21 232729_LI.jpg

Is there a reason why I am getting this error/am I doing something wrong?

The filter driver isn't installed/running properly for whatever reason. Typically a reinstall fixes that. If not, share C:\Windows\INF\setupapi.dev.log file for details on analysis.

Cheers

@nefarius I've tried reinstalling multiple times and I always get the same error. What is the best way for me to share that file? Sorry, I am not super techy.

@boymanguy you can just drag and drop it into a new post. If that doesn't work, zip it up first with like 7zip and that should work.

@nefarius here you go

https://www.dropbox.com/s/7efipe0l80ajj3n/setupapi.dev.log?dl=0

Hope that works. It wouldn't let me drag the file straight onto this forum.

@boymanguy that looks perfectly clean, make a trace.

Disable or unplug your Bluetooth radio, start the trace as per guide, plug it in, wait a little, stop the trace, share the trace file here.

Cheers

@nefarius https://www.dropbox.com/s/lms5qgwhlmlpogs/BthPS3.etl?dl=0

Not sure if it worked properly. I think I did what you said- turned off bluetooth, started the trace, turned on bluetooth and then stopped it.

@boymanguy Yeah the filter doesn't get loaded, can you check in regedit if the LowerFilter value is here Computer\HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\Class\{e0cbf06c-cd8b-4647-bb8a-263b43f0f974} like so:

2ae13d73-e88b-4785-a507-8266455bb70d-image.png