BthPS3 issue

Moved discussion over here

Same here. I'm getting "Windows cannot start this hardware device because its configuration information (in the registry) is incomplete or damaged. (Code 19)" on the driver properties window. I get the same for a Bluetooth dongle that I also tried with SCP Toolkit / Shibari / dshidmini.

I have tried the above solution (deleting all bluetooth drivers and reinstalling) and the problem persists.

@nefarius currently I can't even install BthPS3 because it says "Bluetooth Host Radio not found. A working Bluetooth stack is required for driver installation or removal.".

Kudos for the swift response!

@luisherrero92 said in SCP Toolkit removal guide resulted in broken bluetooth and gamepad driver:

@nefarius currently I can't even install BthPS3 because it says "Bluetooth Host Radio not found. A working Bluetooth stack is required for driver installation or removal.".

Kudos for the swift response!

Well... is your Bluetooth working? Check in Device Manager?

@nefarius it is not working, it appears as faulty device and the property window says "Windows cannot start this hardware device because its configuration information (in the registry) is incomplete or damaged. (Code 19)".

The issue appeared after I followed the SCP Toolkit removal guide and I'm not sure how it relates to BthPS3.

That's why I originally expanded the "SCP Toolkit removal guide resulted in broken bluetooth" thread.

5dca9d6e-5a0e-4f1f-9bbf-8cb23142b494-image.png facd83a3-384b-4604-b5c6-e3c14fa8933d-image.png

You most probably need to follow this, reinstall everything and should be good to go!

@nefarius thank you very much. Deleting the registry entry solved the problem for the integrated Intel Bluetooth.

However, if I connect the dongle, a different problem appears:
a3848af4-74ec-4daa-a169-f672eed96587-image.png e60b2d9c-49b3-43d6-b2bf-e1130b3e67ec-image.png

If I restart with dongle plugged in, though, the dongle works fine but the Intel Wireless Bluetooth doesnt:
4cbf0892-ca57-4ffb-b197-78a321bf33f3-image.png 410fe5e5-8620-48b8-99fb-ede65da939c2-image.png

It's like they're fighting for the same place or something. If I install the Bluetooth Drivers to the dongle through ScpToolkit Driver Installer, I get them installed on both the Intel and the dongle even though I only select the dongle. Ideally I'd like to have the drivers on the dongle and keep my integrated intel radio operating, and this was posible before this whole problem appeared.

@nefarius by the way, what cause the problem in the registry in the first place? Just out of curiosity, did I delete something I shouldn't?

@luisherrero92 said in BthPS3 issue:

@nefarius by the way, what cause the problem in the registry in the first place? Just out of curiosity, did I delete something I shouldn't?

Can't really tell, most probably failed (un-)installation where the registry key wasn't cleaned from the location as it should be. With that key in place the filter driver must be properly installed and operable or the whole Bluetooth stack can't work anymore as you've seen.

@luisherrero92 said in BthPS3 issue:

@nefarius thank you very much. Deleting the registry entry solved the problem for the integrated Intel Bluetooth.

However, if I connect the dongle, a different problem appears:
a3848af4-74ec-4daa-a169-f672eed96587-image.png e60b2d9c-49b3-43d6-b2bf-e1130b3e67ec-image.png

If I restart with dongle plugged in, though, the dongle works fine but the Intel Wireless Bluetooth doesnt:
4cbf0892-ca57-4ffb-b197-78a321bf33f3-image.png 410fe5e5-8620-48b8-99fb-ede65da939c2-image.png

It's like they're fighting for the same place or something. If I install the Bluetooth Drivers to the dongle through ScpToolkit Driver Installer, I get them installed on both the Intel and the dongle even though I only select the dongle. Ideally I'd like to have the drivers on the dongle and keep my integrated intel radio operating, and this was posible before this whole problem appeared.

That is expected, Windows doesn't allow 2 Bluetooth radio hosts operable at the same time, that has nothing to do with my solution, it simply isn't allowed by Windows by design as we speak. You can either have the integrated in operation, or the dongle, not both.

SCP is an exception but I won't go into detail as that is too much for one sentence.

@nefarius Ok, I understand. Thank you for the solution, the quick response and keep up the amazing work you're doing!

@luisherrero92 I shall try my best 😘