Shibari does not start -> errors on start

hi, I had a working setup, but decided to upgrade the components to latest versions (stupid me 🙂 ). After this my Shibari is not starting any more. I have tried everything I new/checked, but still im getting the error (see attachment). Funny part is if I connected external USB with Shibari and run it from there it 100% works. There is some path thing problem I cannot solve.

Any ideas? 🙂 please help. thanks!

image0.jpeg

Simply looks like your settings.json file is malformed, stop the service, delete all old Shibari files and extract the latest version in the same folder again and everything should be fine 👍

@nefarius Thanks for fast answer 🙂 unfortunately, it did not help. I have the latest version of Shibari on USB stick and copied all files to C (under the same folder - replace all). When I manually start the service from cmd it gives the same error as above. However, if I try to manually run Shibari from the USB (I copied the files from there in first place) it works 😉

There is something I am missing, but cannot figure it out what to make it work again.

It's hard to see, just post the contents of the log file here or at least make a screenshot please 😁

You can also try to re-install the service, just run Shibari as admin with uninstall argument and then install again.

Cheers

@nefarius I have uninstalled and installed and tried to start, but nothing 😞 logs attached. image0.jpeg image1.jpeg

I can't see anything that would help in these pictures and the logs.

Uninstall the service, reboot the machine, remove all existing Shibari folders, download the latest clean copy, unblock the archive prior to extraction, extract it in a fresh directory, don't install the service, just run the executable and share what happens.

Just make screenshots of the output (Print key on your keyboard) and paste them into the post.

Cheers

@nefarius it works! 🙂 thank you very much! 🙂