a Dualshock 4 emulation related suggestion

• Hello, I've been using these drivers because they offer something unique that SCP doesn't, bluetooth + dualshock4 emulation for dualshock 3 controllers. Using this method many current-gen (and I bet next gen) games display the playstation button prompts instead of the Xbox prompts. It's excellent.
    However I found that in Final Fantasy XV, some actions are mapped to the DS4 "touchpad click", I think this button is just meant to be "Select", at least in this case, so I wanted to drop the suggestion that it would be really useful to be able to map the "touchpad" to select or start or something like that.
    BTW I want to thank the developer of this program because, we're talking about an old controller and all, and most people online will probably think "just drop support, make everyone buy new controllers" or even "ban those filthy 2006 controllers, nobody should use them", that's the kind of argument you hear online when anybody mentions they're using older hardware. So yeah, thanks for making this software for those who want to use older controllers.

• @wire said in a Dualshock 4 emulation related suggestion:

BTW I want to thank the developer of this program because, we're talking about an old controller and all, and most people online will probably think "just drop support, make everyone buy new controllers" or even "ban those filthy 2006 controllers, nobody should use them", that's the kind of argument you hear online when anybody mentions they're using older hardware. So yeah, thanks for making this software for those who want to use older controllers.

You're welcome, I never cared about these remarks 😁 I simply like the DS3 for retro gaming (NES/SNES&PS1 platformers, some PS2 racing stuff, you name it) and making all of its features accessible to Windows is a great motivator to learn about Windows internals, the kernel, drivers and a lot of low level protocols so this keeps me going. Also why waste perfectly working controllers just because you "need" to get a new one. That's BS, that's what Apple does and then lies into everyone's faces that they're so green 🙄

Anyway, I still have good stuff in the pipeline and will release new stuff soon. Most of my progress reports end up on the Discord, forums and Twitter will have to wait, it's a busy year 😅

Cheers

• @wire said in a Dualshock 4 emulation related suggestion:

However I found that in Final Fantasy XV, some actions are mapped to the DS4 "touchpad click", I think this button is just meant to be "Select", at least in this case, so I wanted to drop the suggestion that it would be really useful to be able to map the "touchpad" to select or start or something like that.

Yeah, this is a big request/issue, the problem here is that the current code base has the mapping hard coded, to satisfy all these games we'd need to implement user-configurable remapping capabilities but that's a bit too big of a chunk of work for me currently and I'd much rather focus on the successor project to this Shibari clutter 😉