HELP DS3 Won't Connect With PS3 After Paired With PC

• So, i just bought second-hand original DS3, i tried to use it when i purchased it, it worked fine wired or wirelessly, then at home i paired this guy and it works fine wired or wirelessly too, but when i connect it to ps3 it wont pair wirelessly, but yeah it worked just fine with cable on, but when i press PS button on DS3, the icon that showed up isn't battery icon but just "-" icon and when i unplugged it, it just automatically connected to my pc, even after i did reset it, however my other DS3 works just fine for both pc and ps3, please help 😕

• Using what software? On what platform? Windows? Doing what steps exactly? Mate, whip out some serious info or the only answer will be "don't know" 😁

Cheers

• okay sorry bruh i just assumed this forum is only for bthps3, but yeah here i go

Tools : BTHPS3
    Platform : Windows 10 64bit

First of all, i got 2 DS3, 1 is my original machine, 1 i just bought recently

When i first installed bthps3, i used my original machine and it worked great wired and wirelessly, and when i tried to pair it back to my ps3 it connected just fine wired and wirelessly

Then there's my new DS3, i paired to pc with bthps3 based on your instruction, voila it works wired and wirelessly too then this happen :

1. I tried to pair it back to ps3 via cable, ps3 turned, cable plugged in, and i pressed the ps button on ps3, but instead of those battery icon on ps3, i got those "-" icon instead

2. I unplugged it, and then DS3 just turned off instantly no blink flash 4 icon

3. I pressed the reset button on the back, then pressed the ps button on the front but instead of being connected to ps3 (i mean yeah seriously i didn't even connect them via cable oh silly me) i got connected to my pc (dom servers was running incidentally)

4. I got curious, closed the dom server, reset the controller (and still unplugged), pressed the ps button and it got connected to my pc temporarily and then disconnected on its own (note : when this happen, dom server was closed, and instead of truly being connected like in step 3, i got flash 4 icon on DS3)

5. I turned my pc to sleep, made sure ps3 was off, then plugged in my DS3 to my ps3, pressed the reset button, turned on the ps3, it got connected, xmb shown, i pressed the ps button, and still "-" icon instead of battery icon you normally would get to know its battery level (and instead of flashing icon indicating charging, i got instead solid first slot icon)

6. Unplugged the cable, annndd DS3 back turned off again like before 😕

oh and when dom server is closed, and i reset my DS3, plugged it to my pc ,the 4 icon slot flashed just like when DS3 is charging on ps3

• for note, i have cfw ps3 and ps3xpad is installed, funnily enough the "-" is the same as when i used my wired xbox controller on my ps3

• Long story short: if it doesn't work with an aftermarket controller and you followed the guides, then, well, I'm afraid it will not work. I'll publish an article about controller compatibility soon, some brands/variants/firmware types simply won't connect and there's nothing I can do about it. Sorry pal.

Cheers.

• @nefarius well i don't think its your so called fake aftermarket controller, i think its sony's original (but it's second hand), because the fastest way to confirm whether its legit or not is to plug in the DS3 with phone charger, and my DS3 didn't turn on which is sign for legit DS3, i'll try to uninstall ps3xpad later to see if it's instead the problem, but hey (i know this question is already being answered in your guide post) could you add battery status function mate? i mean my DS3 works great with bthps3 but i don't have any way to know whether its full or not now 😕 , but thanks for your work and response 👍

• i don't know whether this would help or not, but hereUntitled.png

• Hm, are your sure BthPS3 is currently installed correctly? That auto-pair warning is suspicious, can you share a screenshot from device manager if any Bluetooth device has like a yellow exclamation mark or similar.

• @raider01 said in HELP DS3 Won't Connect With PS3 After Paired With PC:

@nefarius well i don't think its your so called fake aftermarket controller, i think its sony's original (but it's second hand), because the fastest way to confirm whether its legit or not is to plug in the DS3 with phone charger, and my DS3 didn't turn on which is sign for legit DS3, i'll try to uninstall ps3xpad later to see if it's instead the problem, but hey (i know this question is already being answered in your guide post) could you add battery status function mate? i mean my DS3 works great with bthps3 but i don't have any way to know whether its full or not now 😕 , but thanks for your work and response 👍

I have an update in the works where the controller LEDs will be used as a charge indicator.

• @nefarius yes there is, that is my bluetooth dongle instead of my internal adapter this is the aftermath of me tried to uninstall scp driver and the program itself Untitled.png

wow really battery indicator ?? that's great mate, oh and this program doesn't support multi DS3 right? i mean when i tried to pair 2 of my DS3, the light on my second DS3 instead of assigned in second slot it got itself the first slot and unusable

• okay so i just confirmed ps3xpad is the culprit hahaha,

i tried to uninstall ps3xpad and it just worked, it seems somehow ps3xpad made my ps3 recognize my new DS3 as DS4 or other unsupported wireless controller, one of biggest possibilities is that my new DS3 wasn't registered as DS3 when i installed ps3xpad (which ofc i did install ps3xpad prior buying new DS3), sorry for the inconvenience and thanks for the response

• okay this is intresting, now i can't connect my second DS3 to bthps3 wirelessly Untitled.png

• okay i got it working again, i just restarted my pc, but there are some notes tho

1. I turned off my ps3 and pc
    2. Turned on my pc
    3. Ran the dom server, plugged in my DS3, unplugged it, it worked wirelessly please see picture below for log
    4. Plugged in my DS3 to PS3, paired successfully, worked both wired and wirelessly
    5. Plugged in my DS3 back to PC (I already ran dom servers), worked wired but when i unplugged it, it stopped working, log is the same as picture in above post
    6. Tried to reset DS3, plugged in to pc, paired successfully, worked both wired and wirelessly, log is the same as step 3, please see picture below

But that only happen on my second DS3 that i recently bought (confirmed legit second-hand sony's controller), my machine's original DS3 doesn't need to be reset, it can paired back and forth from ps3 to my pc just fine, well end of the line is, it works, but with extra step compared to my machine's original DS3

picture :

Untitled.png

@nefarius yes there is, that is my bluetooth dongle instead of my internal adapter this is the aftermath of me tried to uninstall scp driver and the program itself Untitled.png

wow really battery indicator ?? that's great mate, oh and this program doesn't support multi DS3 right? i mean when i tried to pair 2 of my DS3, the light on my second DS3 instead of assigned in second slot it got itself the first slot and unusable

One thing after the other. First, Windows doesn't support multiple Bluetooth radios, that's why there's one wir an exclamation mark.

There is no limit on the amount of connected controllers other than the ones by firmware and the spec, I have no artificial one included and tested with 4 controllers connected at once without any issue, don't know where you got the idea that only one is supported 🙂

• @nefarius at the shop i tried to connect multiple DS3, instead of assigned first and second slot respectively (LED icon), both got first slot instead at the same time, and there was only one being functional, so i thought that just how it is, but oh well i only need one connected to my pc so it won't bother me, and i don't think you include explanation of multiple DS3 connection support in your guide post i guess(?)

@nefarius at the shop i tried to connect multiple DS3, instead of assigned first and second slot respectively (LED icon), both got first slot instead at the same time, and there was only one being functional, so i thought that just how it is, but oh well i only need one connected to my pc so it won't bother me, and i don't think you include explanation of multiple DS3 connection support in your guide post i guess(?)

There is nothing much to explain really; if the controllers are supported you can connect as many as you wish with the same methods from the guide. Plug it in, let it pair, unplug, press PS, connects via Bluetooth, done.

okay this is intresting, now i can't connect my second DS3 to bthps3 wirelessly Untitled.png

If it doesn't work with a 2nd controller that's an issue I am unaware of and have no idea what to advise for, the software is designed to handle multiple devices and has done so in countless tests, there's not much I can add to it. If it doesn't work I'm afraid you're out of luck. It's hit or miss sometimes.

okay i got it working again, i just restarted my pc, but there are some notes tho

1. I turned off my ps3 and pc
    2. Turned on my pc
    3. Ran the dom server, plugged in my DS3, unplugged it, it worked wirelessly please see picture below for log
    4. Plugged in my DS3 to PS3, paired successfully, worked both wired and wirelessly
    5. Plugged in my DS3 back to PC (I already ran dom servers), worked wired but when i unplugged it, it stopped working, log is the same as picture in above post
    6. Tried to reset DS3, plugged in to pc, paired successfully, worked both wired and wirelessly, log is the same as step 3, please see picture below

But that only happen on my second DS3 that i recently bought (confirmed legit second-hand sony's controller), my machine's original DS3 doesn't need to be reset, it can paired back and forth from ps3 to my pc just fine, well end of the line is, it works, but with extra step compared to my machine's original DS3

picture :

Untitled.png

All I can say is that it's supposed to be plug & play without any extra steps. If it doesn't, again, there's probably something wrong deep in the thousands of lines of code and logic I am not aware of and unfortunately can not comment on.

Cheers

• @nefarius yepp it's fine mate, please take your time developing this software, extremely appreciate your kind response and all your hard work mate 👍 👍

• For the record I'm working on a Shibari replacement that will - hopefully - address a lot of existing issues as well, so stay tuned. It's all a bit uncertain with the pandemic and everything but I am still on the path towards greatness 😅

Cheers