Cannot truly hide X360 controller from apps?

• I have an old X360 HOTAS (the Ace-Edge from Ace Combat 6) that windows 10 automatically recognizes as an X360 controller, though it shows up in joy.cpl with the Ace-Edge name. The way the physical hotas controls are mapped to X360 commands, particularly how the throttle and rudder are mapped to the trigger axes, generates input ranges different from what programs expect, is awkward, and leaves it less usable than it could be in all the games I've tried.

With the release of Star Wars Squadrons I spent a couple hours going down the rabbit hole of vJoy, Joystick Gremlin, and HIDGuardian/HIDCerebus, and thought I'd been successful -- joy.cpl only saw my vJoy controller, all the buttons axes were mapped from the Ace-Edge to the vJoy controller just how I wanted them, joy.cpl recognized axes moving as I intended, etc. But Squadrons still picked up the device as a controller and locked me into the controller input schemes, though I could tell it also saw the vJoy device. I didn't get duplicated inputs, as it seems that it would only process the inputs as controller inputs.

I could see that the controller remained in the Device Manager as an Xbox controller in a separate section from Human Interface Devices, and disabling it there naturally makes it unusable completely. A fair amount of time spend on google hasn't found anything promising. Any way within HIDGuardian to get this to work? Or any other leads to follow?

Thanks!

• TL;DR: nope, that's not possible, but we're currently working on a tool that can. Should be release-ready in under a month or two.

Cheers