Proper Installation + Removal Guide?

• Hello all
    First of all, sorry if this was already asked many times. But I could not find proper guides. I found some, but they were not always complete and you could understand them only partially. (At least me).

So.. let me try to explain what I am looking for. I have a DS3 controller. In the past, I used it with my PC with Scp-Toolkit. There were never problems. But since it wasnt updated anymore, eventually it started to cause Bluescreens on my Win7 machine back then. Since then I never used it anymore. And since then I could never use my DS3 controller for PC either.

Now I see that there are fortunately many new tools (and I am on Win10). So.. I got some questions. How safe are these tools? I basically want to use my DS3 controller again on PC. And what I understood is: I need to install Vigembus and Fireshock. I do not need Bluetooth. I solely want to use it wired. So I only need to install Vigembus and Fireshock, thats all I need to do?

What is the worst thing that can happen when I install them? (I am kind of afraid to get Bluescreens again like with Scp-Toolkit back then. Can Bluescreen occur when I install Vigembus + Fireshock?)

In case anything bad should occur.. is there a proper guide on how to remove vigembus and fireshock from my system properly, so these services wont be ever started again. Remove all traces from system32 and my windows folder? I found a pretty good one for Vigembus (Its title is called Nuking Vigembus completely.. something). But I could not find a good one for Fireshock. As mentioned, this is just in case the drivers should make problems. I would like to know how to safely and completely remove all traces of these softwares/drivers before I install them (since, as said, the experience with scp-toolkit burned into my mind and I got more careful.) - i think i am especially refering to how to remove Fireshock. Since the guide fore Vigembus is actually pretty good and complete already.

Thanks for reading and thanks in advance

EDIT: there is als BthPS3. but i wasnt sure if I could also just use my ps3 controller wired with bthps3. it looked like it was only for bluetooth. so.. uh.. what exactly should i install to get my ds3 controller to work? vigembus+fireshock? or only bthps3?

• Hello!

As of now just follow this for wired and you're good to go.

Neither ViGEmBus nor FireShock will do any funny shenanigans like SCP could do to your devices (disclaimer: if the user tells SCP to override the keyboards driver, well, software does what told 😉 ) and are easy to remove. Both components can be uninstalled from your Programs control panel thingy. Shibari is a standalone application you can simply delete. Poof. Done.

The drivers won't cause any problems. Bold statement, I know but I have quite the success track record so... 😉

No, don't fool around with system32 unless you want your Windows trashed, use Device Manager and 3rd party tools like Driver Store Explorer only.

And a system can be recovered from SCPs shenanigans, you just need to know how 😉 and this is the right place to ask, not some BS YouTube videos or shiny tech blogs 😛

Cheers

• @nefarius
    I love you. It worked perfectly. Just a last question: How do I update Vigembus and Fireshock? Just download newer releases and re-sinall? Or should I uninstall the older versions before installing newer ones?
    Besides, I am also using x360ce to configure buttons differently somtimes. But I cant find the PS3 Home button in x360ce. By any chance, is there a good key remapper for vigembus other than x360ce? It would be wonderful if it could also remap keyboard and mousemovements to the controller. Well and in the best case its free and opensource. The reason I ask you this, is, because maybe you also made a remapper but I could not find it.
    Thanks in advance

• @Saroni81 said in Proper Installation + Removal Guide?:

How do I update Vigembus and Fireshock? Just download newer releases and re-sinall? Or should I uninstall the older versions before installing newer ones?

Just install the latest versions once released, will update previous ones.

@Saroni81 said in Proper Installation + Removal Guide?:

Besides, I am also using x360ce to configure buttons differently somtimes. But I cant find the PS3 Home button in x360ce. By any chance, is there a good key remapper for vigembus other than x360ce? It would be wonderful if it could also remap keyboard and mousemovements to the controller. Well and in the best case its free and opensource. The reason I ask you this, is, because maybe you also made a remapper but I could not find it.

I'm not writing any remapping software because I'd like to stay sane 😉 by default the PS button is mapped to the X360 Guide button, Windows and/or Steam can "swallow" that so try to disable the Windows Game Bar thingy and close Steam or switch Shibari to emulate a DS4, then x360ce should be able to detect it.

Cheers