[Issue] Weird rumble behaviours on epsxe and pcsx2

• installed bthps3 1.2.4 and all necessary components with latest versions
    but found some weird rumble behaviours with both emulators respectively as follow

epsxe: (tested with same scene of ffix beginning, the airship flew over the castle, obvious difference)
    wired --- vibration kinda weak and does not vibrate sometimes
    wireless --- rumble seems fine with kind-of-proper vibrations as of actual psx experience

situation completely the other way round with pcsx2

pcsx2: (tested with wild arms altered code f, rushing towards obstacle caused bumping, very obvious differences as well)
    wired --- rumble seems fine with kind-of-proper vibrations as of actual ps2 experience
    wireless --- vibration kinda weak and does not vibrate sometimes or even gone crazy.

I remembered things were normal when using scp drivers/motioninjoy on win 7/win xp, the rumble are just normal as console liked vibrations especially with directinput configuration, but it's weird now with xinput, why no more directinput support on win10?

the vibration just worked with xinput configuration, no vibration at all with directinput(button mapping ok) on pcsx2 whereas epsxe cannot detect the ds3 at all with directinput configuration.

anyone can enlighten me with the issues above?
    thank you.

• TL;DR: vibration/rumble over Shibari isn't really that well tested and I bet it's way from perfect.

@feiplane said in [Issue] Weird rumble behaviours on epsxe and pcsx2:

I remembered things were normal when using scp drivers/motioninjoy on win 7/win xp, the rumble are just normal as console liked vibrations especially with directinput configuration, but it's weird now with xinput, why no more directinput support on win10?

There was definitely no DirectInput rumble support via SCP. SCP and PCSX2 in combination with the modified LilyPad plugin is probably what you meant/experienced.

@feiplane said in [Issue] Weird rumble behaviours on epsxe and pcsx2:

the vibration just worked with xinput configuration, no vibration at all with directinput(button mapping ok) on pcsx2 whereas epsxe cannot detect the ds3 at all with directinput configuration.

Shibari (using ViGEm) doesn't expose anything DirectInput related in regards to rumble, it works via XInput only.

Cheers