[Issue] - DS3 as DS4 : select button / touchpad

@dedakraeveda Seems it can't be helped enough 😞

Look at the sources, it's all there.

@nefarius I think I'm getting it. As far as I know the mapping is in Sinks/Shibari.Sub.Sink.ViGEm.DS4.dll but I can't find a way to modify it. In your link to the source code I can see the mapping and where to change DualShock4Button.Share to DualShock4Button.Select (maybe, I'm not quite sure why it is like this. Nobody uses the share button 😕 ) I don't know what else to do with that .cs file or at least how to modify the .dll
I really don't wanna use other software

@anotherglitch Hello,
I'm stuck in the same step as yours in the past.
Hope you'd solved it.
Any luck with it?

Thx

Hi, dear Nefarius what software do you use to edit the source?
I tried using ressource hacker and when I open the sink carpet I dont see any core or ViGEmSinkDS4.cs I can edit so how do i change the line.
Also when I open the sink there is the Shibari.Sub.Sink.ViGEm.DS4.dll file as usual but when i opened it it only shows some version info, nothing i can modify.
I hope you can see this 🙂

@wichtist Resource Hacker? That's the totally wrong approach, I assume you talk about the Shibari sources which can be found on my GitHub like any other publication. It's been made with Visual Studio 2019 (Professional or Community Edition).

Cheers

@nefarius thank you dawg, i'm a complete noob so all this is new to me but I want to keep learning.

You need to download the source code from github for Shibari, then change the line in:
Shibari/Sinks/Shibari.Sub.Sink.ViGEm.DS4/Core/ViGEmSinkDS4.cs

{DualShock3Buttons.Select, DualShock4Button.Share}

To:
{DualShock3Buttons.Select, DualShock4SpecialButton.Touchpad}

Then compile. Replace your Shibari.Sub.Sink.ViGEm.DS4.dll file with the newly compiled one and restart the program.

@ultrajohn Thank you very much. Would you be so kind to post the .dll file if you can? I think that would be of huge help to many people who don't have Visual Studio or don't know how to code and compile in C++
Thanks!

@quattro_pallido said in [Issue] - DS3 as DS4 : select button / touchpad:

@ultrajohn Thank you very much. Would you be so kind to post the .dll file if you can? I think that would be of huge help to many people who don't have Visual Studio or don't know how to code and compile in C++
Thanks!

Never mind, I managed to compile the new mapping. For those interested in emulating the DS4 touchpad with the 'Select' button on a DS3, substitute the attached .dll in the 'Sinks' folder.

@quattro_pallido said in [Issue] - DS3 as DS4 : select button / touchpad:

Thanks!

Nevermind, I managed to compile the source with the new mapping and apparently it works.
For those interested in emulating the DS4 touchpad with the Select button on a DS3, substitute this file in the 'Sinks' folder.