[SOLVED] BthPS3 - After uninstalling my DS3 is not recognized on Steam anymore

• Hello. I tried your solution first.
    Did everything step-by-step because I wanted to use my DS3 in bluetooth mode.
    When I entered Shibari I tried to connect my DS3 through USB, tried to add it as a bluetooth device on Windows (10) but it wasn't getting recognized. So after reading again your steps it was told that Fireshock could't exist with PSNow Drivers.
    I suggest you to warn about this before someone tries to follow the first step...

So I uninstalled everything: Vigem, Fireshock, BthPS3... now even PSNow and it's drivers. Rebooted my PC.
    I tried again to install for the second time the BthPS3... and again it didn't work.

So I gave up and uninstalled everything. I even tried to follow the tutorial that "Nukes Vigem", but the Powershell commands partially worked. And I deleted the .SYS. Rebooted again.

Then I tried to install again PSNow and it's drivers. Then I rebooted and when testing my controller over Big Picture on Steam, it wasn't getting recognized at all! And at the Device Manager it told me the "Wireless blablabla PS3" was there through USB obviously.

So I uninstalled everything again. And I even uninstalled from the Device Manager the "Wireless... PS3"...
    I rebooted my pc again and when I plugged my DS3 Windows told me it was preparing things up...
    So magicaly (my Steam was opened) and for my surprise a toast notification told me it was recognized and loaded my profile, for a second.

When I tried to open the BIG PICTURE my control wasn't working at all.. I checked the configuration if "PS3 mode" was checked and it was. And below that this time my DS3 was recognized but as I told, it is not working.

So I had hope and installed PSNow one more time and it installed it's drivers.
    "Wireless blablabla PS3" appeared again in Device Manager, I loaded Steam, entered BIG PICTURE...
    Again my controller didn't respond or work at all... and it wasn't recognized there.

So I'm helpless. I searched all over internet and I do not know how to make things work again.
    Please, help. I do not want to reinstall my Windows and I don't have time (I work from this same pc).

I'm very tired. =/

• @Zoukambada said in BthPS3 - After uninstalling my DS3 is not recognized on Steam anymore:

I suggest you to warn about this before someone tries to follow the first step...

Counter-suggestion: make backups before trying new software 😊

@Zoukambada said in BthPS3 - After uninstalling my DS3 is not recognized on Steam anymore:

So I'm helpless. I searched all over internet and I do not know how to make things work again.
    Please, help. I do not want to reinstall my Windows and I don't have time (I work from this same pc).

Keep calm and see it as a lesson to get familiar with backup software, doesn't cost a dime these days, easy to set up and absolutely essential. I recommend Veeam (not affiliated, just great software that works).

Now that we got that cleared up here is what you need to do to succeed 😃

Get Driver Store Explorer

Grab this neat tool, extract and launch.

Remove drivers the right way

Within Driver Store Explorer, identify the highlighted items, tick them, tick Force Deletion, click Delete Driver, confirm:

022c1f84-182b-486b-9ae9-0ccaf568fc34-image.png

Let it do its work and reboot.

Celebrate

Pour yourself a drink and enjoy everything being back to normal. Might have to install PSNow once again for everything to work 🎉

Cheers

• Thank you for your support Nefarius. It may work but I didn't try to go back here before I could try more things... SO I did not read your advices by the time I got it working again. I will write here everything that I did till it got normal again. Might be helpful to others:

==================

My journey to fix the mess up (SUCCEEDED!!!)

After my first post here, reporting the problem

I removed the leftovers of BthPS3 installation that were in DriverStorage through this tutorial:
    https://medium.com/@iced_burn/clean-filerepository-folder-in-driverstore-windows-10-622d3c79f58b

Removed PSNOW traces aswell (one of them was an attempt of installing a Standalone driver from Sony v 3.0.0.0)
    sisaxis.inf_amd64_739cabc3a8fce546
    sisaxis.inf_amd64_ef8eb017ea26cd93

Removed BthPS3 traces
    vigembus.inf_amd64_dc012c700833063e
    bthps3.inf_amd64_39f528e8cbb97c27
    thps3_pdo_null_device.inf_amd64_75d7...

Then I used system restore to 5 days ago.

Used Glary Uitilies to remove registry traces, etc.

Deleted C:\Windows\ystem32\sixaxis.sys

I deleted the folder
    C:\Program Files\DIFX\

Uninstalled again Wireless Sony DS3 Driver but with Geek Uninstaller software (for some reason it reinstalled again?)
    https://www.geekuninstaller.com/geek.zip

In Device Manager it doesn't appear as Sony Controller, only at "Bluetooth & Other Devices".
    But it is recognized at Steam but don't work yet.

After that I followed exactly these steps to install the official PSNow Drivers
    https://www.pcgamingwiki.com/wiki/Controller:DualShock_3#Wired_connection_-_official_drivers

I even used the needle/toothpick to reset the control as suggested above.
    One side note Nefarius - in the beggining when I tried to install your stuff when my DS3 was connected the installation got stuck (don't remember if it was BthPS3 or Fireshock [it wasn't the ViGem for sure) and then when I disconnected my USB cable from the port, it unfroze and continued to install... The same thing happened following this tutorial above about Sony Official Drivers, maybe I had to use the toothpick in the first place?👀

Now I got it working again with the official drivers!!! 😊

TIP: If your controller is ejectable like an USB pendrive below the notification / system tray icons, it's because something is wrong yet.
    Before when I tried to install Sony Drivers again, I had this and it didn't recognized as connected in Steam... now it is gone. It's recognized and it is fully working.

Sorry for anything. I got really mad because I did not sleep tonight trying to get it working.
    Just after I woke up and had I lunch I went back to solve this. I wish things were easier.

EDIT: Corrected some mispelled things.

• Glad you got it working but to anyone else reading this; please don't do any of the things described in the previous post; Driver Store Explorer takes care of all that and I highly discourage anyone from randomly/manually deleting files all over the place. The Driver Store Explorer method works and is safe, it uses Windows built-in mechanisms to remove drivers.

@Zoukambada said in [SOLVED] BthPS3 - After uninstalling my DS3 is not recognized on Steam anymore:

Uninstalled again Wireless Sony DS3 Driver but with Geek Uninstaller software (for some reason it reinstalled again?)

That's because Windows keeps copies of drivers in the so-called driver store.

@Zoukambada said in [SOLVED] BthPS3 - After uninstalling my DS3 is not recognized on Steam anymore:

I removed the leftovers of BthPS3 installation that were in DriverStorage through this tutorial:
    https://medium.com/@iced_burn/clean-filerepository-folder-in-driverstore-windows-10-622d3c79f58b

Driver Store Explorer does exactly that, with a nice, easy to use interface.

I deleted the folder
    C:\Program Files\DIFX\

That sounds dangerous and unnecessary.

Before when I tried to install Sony Drivers again, I had this and it didn't recognized as connected in Steam... now it is gone. It's recognized and it is fully working.

Steam actually relies on the official Sony sixaxis.sys driver to be there or it has no chance to interact with the DS3. Ever.

Sorry for anything. I got really mad because I did not sleep tonight trying to get it working.
    Just after I woke up and had I lunch I went back to solve this. I wish things were easier.

No worries, glad you are where you wanna be again, but things are actually easy. Few words of advice:

• Don't delete stuff in the Windows system directories, even if shady shiny online articles of Windows XP era "experts" tell you.
    • Same goes for the registry.
    • Don't panic, it's 2020, Windows is actually quite hard to destroy irrecoverably.
    • Get enough sleep. New day, new view of the problem.
    • Get familiar with backups if your system is actually critical to you. Windows integrated "System restore" is not a backup.
    • Contact support/the authors before dismantling everything 🙂

Game on! Cheers