Inputs not working over Bluetooth with new shibari versions and specific software installed.



  • Hi, first of all I would like to say that this is an amazing piece of software. It's amazing to not have to sacrifice your bluetooth adapter like you had to in SCPToolkit anymore and be able to use the PS3 controller. However I have ran into an issue with the latest version of Shibari where having specific pieces of software running causes issues. The issue is that inputs do not work over bluetooth. Everything shows up correctly and the controller is detected, however inputs do nothing. Using USB, inputs work correctly.

    I am using:

    • Shibari 1.5.166
    • Fireshock 3.0.0.0
    • ViGEmBus 1.16.116
    • BthPS3 1.2.2

    I have discovered after doing a clean boot with no other programs loaded, the issue goes away. After re enabling programs one by one, I've discovered 3 programs that cause issues with the latest Shibari (1.5.166).

    • Razer Synapse 3 (Razer Synapse 2 causes no issues, only Synapse 3)
    • Corsair iCue
    • Nvidia Geforce Experience (In Game Overlay)

    For Razer Synapse 3, simply closing it resolves the issue. For iCue, I had to close it, then stop both the Corsair Service and the Corsair LLA Service. For Geforce Experience, going into the settings and disabling the In Game Overlay fixes the issue. Having any one of these programs running (or for Geforce Experience, having the overlay enabled) causes inputs to not work. Hopefully this information will help solve the issue. For now, I will use the old Shibari version that works for me (1.5.146).

    Here is the Shibari log file.



  • Hello!

    Thanks for the report. Odd that it broke between these versions in that way, could you try this build please.

    Cheers



  • Thanks for replying! I tried the build you provided but the issue still is there except now I can't get inputs to work no matter what I do over bluetooth. USB still works fine. I did a clean boot with everything disabled and it didn't work. I also tried on 2 laptops I had lying around with integrated bluetooth and inputs did not work on there either. One of them doesn't really have any other programs installed and it had no input.

    Here is the log file I got from the new version.



  • Gosh, how did I manage to break things this time 😰


Log in to reply