[SOLVED] Shibari.Dom.Server closes window, does not work second time

• Long story short: I got Shibrari working last night with my single (sharing with a keyboard) BT adapter. Everything worked fine, it was awesome. Until I rebooted... now as soon as I open the Shibari.Dom.Server window, it closes. It happens so fast I had to take a slo-mo video with my iphone to try and see the messages.

Results:

The first run it closes the window after it presents the .net framework message. Subsequent loads it never makes it that far, just says the first "starting" message, then closes the window.

The logs (in the logs sub-folder) only have one line (after I wiped the logs in order to see reduce clutter), and it just notes "starting".

How might I troubleshoot this issue?

thanks,
    RDP

• Has antivirus maybe deleted some files? If you freshly download it to a new location, is it the same?

Cheers

• SOLUTION:

So, with your hint, and that of a similar issue on another thread in this sub-forum I found the issue. Maybe it's just me, but if this failure happens to other people, can an error message be shown on the screen to let the user know the problem?

So, I re-downloaded the files, checked it all, then decided to try a new location on the drive to run it from (try everything!). I found in C:/ another, older Shibari folder. Hmmm. Let's delete that. Cannot delete. Hmmmm. Why? It cannot be deleted as it is being used by my setup last year to run an older version as a service. After stopping the service, then deleting the folder, now the current version of Shibari works as expected.

Yeah!

thanks,
    RDP

• Ah I see, thanks for sharing!