can the BthPS3 be used without fireshock and shibari?

I've been using SCP for some years now without issues other than needing two bluetooth adapters but that was about it. I've uninstalled SCP and have been trying to give BthPS3 a go but so far I had no luck... I'm not even sue what the pairing procedure with this would be at this point... I can't launch shibari as it immediately closes. The log says " Fatal error unblocking files, program may be unusuable..."
Are fireshock and shibari really needed?
Also, correct me if I'm wrong but vigem is needed as well, right? Doesn't it always makes PS controllers appear as xbox ones? I'd rather not use that because I also use a ds4 and would prefer it to be recognized as such because of the Steam games that have DS4 button prompts.
I'm thinking I might be better off reinstalling SCP but this driver idea looks promising (to those who actually manage to get it working that is)
I'm running the latest version of W10, the ds3 is an official Sony one and the bluetooth adapter is a Belkin BT 4.0

Either way, thanks and happy holidays

Cheers

@dissectionalone said in can the BthPS3 be used without fireshock and shibari?:

I've been using SCP for some years now without issues other than needing two bluetooth adapters but that was about it. I've uninstalled SCP and have been trying to give BthPS3 a go but so far I had no luck... I'm not even sue what the pairing procedure with this would be at this point... I can't launch shibari as it immediately closes. The log says " Fatal error unblocking files, program may be unusuable..."

This means that the auto-self-unblocking has failed for some reason. This is essential for the program to work. You can do that manually if you do this with the downloaded ZIP before extraction. It's a dumb built-in "security" feature of Windows and really screws with tools which don't use a setup 🙁

Are fireshock and shibari really needed?

Yes, FireShock for auto-pairing your controllers, Shibari for handling all the logic and input translation. Since I currently lack the resources (and motivation) to "driverfy" everything you need this tool until somebody codes more drivers 😉 Without Shibari, literally nothing will happen 🙂

Also, correct me if I'm wrong but vigem is needed as well, right? Doesn't it always makes PS controllers appear as xbox ones? I'd rather not use that because I also use a ds4 and would prefer it to be recognized as such because of the Steam games that have DS4 button prompts.

ViGEm is required, as listed. The FAQ shows you how to get a DS4 instead of an X360, just read 😉

I'm thinking I might be better off reinstalling SCP but this driver idea looks promising (to those who actually manage to get it working that is)

That's ofc. totally up to you, bear in mind that these projects - while for literal years in the works - are still quite young 😁 For my needs it's more than enough 😇

I'm running the latest version of W10, the ds3 is an official Sony one and the bluetooth adapter is a Belkin BT 4.0

Sounds like a combination that will work marvelously if you don't give up on making Shibari happy to run properly 🙂

Either way, thanks and happy holidays

To you too, mate 🎉

Cheers

TL;DR: no, it can't 😛 (until some poor soul builds more drivers for the whole stack 😉 )

I hacked together a quick article on unblocking and will also include the link in Shibari itself. Hope this helps.

Cheers!

Even after unblocking the shibari.zip file when I run the exe the application still displays the same message. The only difference being it doesn't close itself this time around.

Edit: Sorted it out. Turns out the place from where I ran the exe didn't please it (The root of a flash drive) Once moved to the desktop it worked.

Thanks

@nefarius is it possible for the BthPS3 to work without being emulated as a xbox controller?

Another question that I've got is if the driver could somehow make the DS4 be recognized ad a DS4 when connected via bluetooth? Since DEVs are even less fond of eventual latency issues, the only the controller can be fully recognized by the pc games which "support it natively" (enabling DS button prompts) is if it's connected via USB (The steam API treats it as it should both wired and over bluetooth but games don't) would something like that be feasible?

Thanks again 🙂

Cheers

@dissectionalone that's possible but out of the scope of this project.

Edit: Sorted it out. Turns out the place from where I ran the exe didn't please it (The root of a flash drive) Once moved to the desktop it worked.

Ooooooooh right, because that's probably FAT32 formatted, good catch, need to add a check if NTFS is present as well 😅

Addressed and fixed!