VIGEM_ERROR_XUSB_USERINDEX_OUT_OF_RANGE

Get dwUserIndex with vigem_target_x360_get_user_index,
return VIGEM_ERROR_XUSB_USERINDEX_OUT_OF_RANGE

I don’t know why, some devices return the correct value,Some devices return incorrect values

Hello, I would like to ask some questions.
How to disassociate devices from processes,The process exits without affecting the operation of the device.
One process controls the number of devices,one process sends messages to the device.

@Payload WDYM "some devices", that error code indicates that the system has more than the supported count of XInput devices (4) connected.

@Payload process to emulated device is a 1:1 relationship. While one process "owns" a device only this process can send updates to it until clean release or process died.

I test
Quickly insert and remove many times
No more than 4 gamepads

I guess, it may be because the previous gamepad was not removed cleanly.

@nefarius SCP driver,Can disconnect devices and processes.
I want to do the same.
Have a nice weekend!

@nefarius My English is not good, I use Google Translate, I wonder if you can understand what I mean,sorry.

It's hard to understand, sorry. ViGEm isn't designed like SCP, it's deliberate that you can't manipulate devices across processes. Plus ViGEm and SCP can conflict and cause issues, I advise against using them on the same system.

@nefarius Thank you!

@nefarius
hi,
Prerequisites,Before installing the bus driver on Windows 7 (x86 or x64) the following 3rd party software has to be installed,Xbox 360 Accessories Software 1.2 .
my question is,Win10 need Prerequisites?thank you!

@Payload no, otherwise I would have mentioned it 😉

@nefarius Thanks♪(・ω・)ノ