Device Descriptor Request Failed

I got this after i turned on my PC. is my gamepad failing or is it driver problem?

@kempol hi, if nothing major has changed like Windows upgrade that's unfortunately almost always a sign that either cable or the USB device itself start failing on a hardware level.

@nefarius said in Device Descriptor Request Failed:

@kempol hi, if nothing major has changed like Windows upgrade that's unfortunately almost always a sign that either cable or the USB device itself start failing on a hardware level.

there was a windows upgrade yesterday. i tried different cable and the problem is still there.
maybe i can try reinstalling it.
is there a guide to uninstalling everything?

Depends. What exactly do you want to uninstall? Stock HID/USB drivers? That's not possible. Foreign software?

@nefarius vigembus, shibari, fireshock, etc

So which device exactly is misbehaving? That's literally the only useful information 😅 ViGEm has nothing to do with real physical devices etc. so info info info!

@nefarius sry if i confuse you, but now im confused too. There are so many names here.
So i installed Shibari server with fireshock with Powershell thingy to make Windows recognize DS 3 right? so how do uninstall those?

Well how could I know that without you telling me 😛

Right-click on the FireShock device in Device Manager and select Uninstall with the Remove... box ticked, then re-plug the controller.