Computer can't go to sleep while Shibari is running

• Hi, first off thanks for working on SCPserver and now this, they've both been great tools for using DS3's! I switched to Shibari because, as of recently, SCP was preventing my computer from going to sleep while it was running. Unfortunately, Shibari seems to exhibit the same behaviour, both when running as a service in the background and when running from the exe directly. I can work around this by only running the exe when I want to use a DS3, but I was very excited to have Shibari running as a service. I'm using my DS3 through USB.

In addition, I was wondering if there was anyway to unplug a DS3 and not have it turn on my PS3. Maybe a button combination or a disconnect option in Shibari?

Thanks!

• Shibari is legacy software, meaning it currently is receiving no updates. However, a better standalone driver is currently in the works and should solve this issue. Sorry that you have to deal with it in the meantime 🙂

• That's not a Shibari issue, that's so called "selective suspend". I haven't implemented this properly in any driver Shibari interfaces with because of convenience. Once the controller is instructed to send data it will stay that way until disconnect and the constant flow of I/O control packets will keep the driver busy and the system awake. I indeed plan on doing this properly in upcoming solutions. Power management and idle detection is hard and annoying 😛

Edit: your observation that SCP had the same issue is correct; the generic drivers SCP used have no concept of an idle state as well, that's by design so not fixable in that realm so I never devoted any energy to it. With the new set of drivers though we get a lot more freedom on that topic.

• @skira99 said in Computer can't go to sleep while Shibari is running:

In addition, I was wondering if there was anyway to unplug a DS3 and not have it turn on my PS3. Maybe a button combination or a disconnect option in Shibari?

As long as the DS3 has the PS3's Bluetooth address assigned this is not preventable through software other than "unpairing" it from the PS3 via e.g. the little reset hole on the back.

• @skira99 I could try to whack selective suspend in the FireShock version used by Shibari but I'd need tests and feedback.