Shibari/FireShock Gen 2 - Restart/Shutdown Infinite Hang Bug

• On Windows 10 1809, using an official PS3 controller in wired mode.

Occasionally during use the controller will disconnect and then fail to reconnect (replugging wire does nothing, lights on controller stay off). Restarting the Shibari service also doesn't work. If you try to restart/shut down your PC it hangs infinitely and you have to force a shutdown by holding the power button. Once you force the shutdown and turn the PC back on, the drivers work again.

I know FireShock Gen3 is being worked on, but I figured this was worth posting just in case, because it happens pretty often. I switched from SCP to Shibari after the 1809 update since the same thing was happening with that, but it seems Shibari/FireShock has issues on this version of Windows as well.

• Thanks for the report, maybe I can find something obvious in the v2 sources and provide a fix.

• Thank you!

• @nefarius said in Shibari/FireShock Gen 2 - Restart/Shutdown Infinite Hang Bug:

Thanks for the report, maybe I can find something obvious in the v2 sources and provide a fix.

Just wanted to update you on this situation, since removing ViGEm and re-installing through the new setup, I have not experienced this bug all week with the new update, when previously it would happen every other day.

It also fixed an issue I had where Unity would not open projects/test builds unless I unplugged my DS3 first. If I encounter this problem again I'll make a post, but for now things seem to be running smoothly, thank you!

• @lonewolf aaaaaaalrighty, weird but certainly good news, thanks for sharing 😆