HID pipe

• Originally posted by jaka

Hi nefarius!

I would like to create a generic HID pipe. My idea is to use the bus driver to forward all of the HID ioctls to an app. Since you have experience I was wondering if you would be willing to answer a few question in regards to the implementation.

To get things moving here is my idea:

-when app opens driver file the driver installs mshidkmdf
    -bus driver forwards all of the "internal device" requests from mshidkmdf to the app
    -app processes the request and returns it to the driver
    -the driver competes the request after 5ms

BR

• Originally posted by nefarius

You wouldn't even need mshidkmdfin this case. Since the bus emulates an USB bus, the function driver HIDUSB and HIDCLASScan be (ab)used to interact with the system.

An implementation is possible as far as I can see from your request but I currently can't make any estimates on when I'd add this feature.

[[1],[6]]

Thats great!
    Ok I'll take a look at ViGEmUM.NET
    br

Don't expect too much yet 😉

Hi nefarious,

how are you doing?
    Will you find time to collaborate with me?
    BR

I'll try my best; what do you need?

I would like to create virtual HID device (virtual joystick in my case). Is it possible to forward all of the IRP_MJ_INTERNAL DEVICE_CONTROL requests from the system to the app and wait for the app to respond?
    That would allow an application developer to specify any HID descriptor and handle the subsequant requests within the application.
    I have some experience programming HId microcontroller but haven't done any driver development or any app-driver communication. This is where i need your help or at least with driver part. With your guidance I can do the communication part.
    Of course I'm willing to share my work with ViGEm community.
    BR jaka

Hi nefarious!

Can you please give some feedback on virtual HID device?
    BR